I love making a big batch of this spicy tomato and red pepper sauce to keep in the fridge or freezer. Then in the morning, I can just pop in a pan, crack in some eggs and bake for a delicious speedy breakfast, This is a great one to make for brunch with a group of friends.
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper, chopped into strips
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- Fresh coriander for garnish.
- Eggs or Tofu
1. Fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the peppers and spices, chopped tomatoes, maple syrup and tahini. Reduce the heat and cook until the peppers are soft.
3. Transfer sauce into an iron cast skillet or oven proof baking dish. If using eggs, use a spoon to make a well in the sauce and crack the eggs in. If using tofu, cut the tofu into large chunks and place in the sauce.
4. Cook for a further 10 minutes and then garnish with fresh coriander and serve with toasted sourdough.