This is a super healthy recipe that is easy to make and naturally vegan and gluten-free! Prepare the soup at the beginning of the week for a week of quick lunches. Top this soup off with some roasted chickpeas for some extra protein and crunch!
Why you will love this recipe
- This soup freezes well and is great for meal prep
- It is jam packed full of veggies and plant protein
- The combination of greens and coconut milk make for a super lucious and creamy soup.nb
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4-6)2 tbsp. olive oil
1 head of broccoli - cut into florets
2 cups of kale
2 cups spinach
1 litre vegetale stock
1 can chickpeas
50ml coconut milk
Salt & pepper
1.Peel and roughly dice the brown onion and leeks.
2. Place a saucepan onto low heat and add the olive oil. Place the onions and leeks n the pan and sweat for10 minutes ensuring that they don’t colour.
3. Add the chopped broccoli, and sweat again for 4 – 5 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable stock, kale and spinach.
5. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes, and then add the chickpeas.
6. Remove the pan from the heat & blend. Add the coconut milk & season with salt and pepper to taste. If it’s slightly to thick add more coconut milk until the right consistency.
Toppings: Toasted nuts, seeds, vegetable crisps, chickpea croutons
DID YOU MAKE THIS? Tag @rootedliving1 or hashtag #rootedliving1