These delicious veggie burgers are packed full of goodness. There are a lot of veggie burgers out there, but I often find that they are highly processed and bland, which is why I created these burgers using beetroot for a lighter twist and paprika for a kick of spice. They are a perfect balance of carbs, fat and protein and most importantly can be enjoyed by everyone, even those meat eaters!
- 2 beetroot,washed, peeled and grated
- 1 tin butter beans
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp. Tahini
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. harissa paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until the mixture is smooth and comes together.
- Take 2 heaped tbsp. of mixture and form into patties. Lightly fry in olive oil on a low heat. Cook for 5 minutes and then flip over for a further 5 minutes.
- You can finish them off in the oven for 5-10 minutes (180C)
- The burgers can be kept in the fridge for up to 7 days or frozen.